Sunday, December 17, 2006

Good times in scummy town

Andrew and I had another great experience together last night. At 9pm I was given the whole night off on leave and it just so happened that we had a party to go to. I felt slightly guilty about that afterwards cause I heard it went crazy and they probably could have used my help, But anyway..
We got to Nikki and Georges party about 10 and were meet by George and Mike, George filled up our glasses with eggnog and we meet a new friend called Madison. Shes a trainiee doctor and a really cool chick. During the course of the night I meet some more people, (weirdly, all nurses from the hospital who I hadnt meet before), danced in the middle of the lounge despite being completely sober and the only ones doing it and dressed George for town. We headed into town with Sam, George and Nikki. As soon as we got there there was this huge fight in the middle of the street that blocked off all the traffic and attracted 5 police cars and a paddy wagon. It upset me alot cause I hate violence so much and the boys seemed to get off on it a bit. Then we had a terrible time at the Treehouse, which I used to think of as really scummy but I now realise that its on par with all the other bars in Christchurch. After hearing Oak do his song I meet another nurse who seemed really nice until he realised I was married. We left there and had a strange run of being turned away from nearly every bar on Manchester Street. Finally we convinced the bouncer at the grumoy mole that, No, Andrew was not kicked out of here eariler in the night and yes we were well sober enough to enter. The rest of the crew left then and it was me Sam and Andrew booging away until we were the only ones left and they put a bugs bunny "thats all folks" cartoon on the big screen. We walked around for a while after that, which usually would feel quite unsafe to me but because I was with two guys it was really fun. Andrew wasnt let into the Viaduct where another crew of people we knew were so we settled for the boulevard where we only got in because some girl pashed the bouncer while we were walking in. All the broken glass on the floor kept getting into my jandal and since Andrew had already cut himself twice Iwas a wee bit worried. Despite this, the bad music and the heavily obese Maori guy watching us dance I had a pretty good time dancing with the guys. Its weird being a girl in town, theres definitely predatory type guys all around you that you cant help noticing. After that we went to the outside bit where Sam did his thing trying to buy a cigarette with no luck-even though it was strangely obvious that one of the bouncers was smoking drugs. Thinking back on it now it seems so weird to put myself amongst such dodgy surroundings. Anyway after that we walked back into town for some KFC, where I saw the biggest most disgusting mess I've ever seen. I also learnt that KFC is open Christmas- sucks working Christmas but even more it sucks being the person who has to work Christmas at KFC. We had some good talks and I drove us home safe and sound. Such a fun time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good night. Sorry about being denied from 3 out of the 6 bars we tried to get into..

Good times

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home