Monday, December 18, 2006

Micheal Buble and Pigs

I had quite a fun day today I must say. I meant to get up early and go for a swim before meeting my friend Erin for coffee. Since I spent half of my sleeping time last night writing blogs I decided to sleep in a bit instead. I had a really nice coffee with Erin, who is American and has a really great accent and perspective on American culture. After that I did pull myself into the pool, despite my temptation to be lazy. It felt so good for my arms and legs because they were so sore from Sat night. I talked to an old lady on my way round and she said she wished she had my energy. I thought she was doing pretty well to come to the pool and exercise even though she was so old. I had hopes to meet my friend Sarah after that but she has a crazy life with two young boys and a sick husband and it never worked out. So instead I went into town and had a walk round the gardens. It was so nice because it was so sunny and warm and I was listening to Micheal Buble on my IPod. It made me feel very happy. Actually I havent had this in ages but it was the kind of happy that you couldnt help but to smile as big of a smile that you possibly could.
Perhaps it looked a bit strange to other people. Oh well, the world needs more smiles.
My walk ended in the gardens when I ran out of garden. I made my way to the lawyers to drop off a christmas card and box of chocs and headed into town. Town is quite interesting. First I saw a guy playing the bagpipes and it made me jiggle a bit. It was a shame I didnt have any change for him or I might have jiggled a bit more than I did. After that I saw a girl walking her Rotwheeler dog and 3 tiny puppies that were peeing all over the pavement. I'm not sure if they were together but behind her was a guy walking a pig too. The pig didnt have a lead, just seemed to follow this guy where ever. Weird.
After a bit more ambling I went to receive my cert for finishing my critical care course. It was a nice do, even the DON made an appearance. Its weird because the only time I see her is when shes making an appearance at some do. Its like thats her job. The food was really budget compared to what the trainee doctors get which amuses me to no end. Some really nice people were there and at the end we had a photo. Once again my shortness not only put me in the front, it put me kneeling on the cold concrete. Germaine was next to me and she got cramp, I couldnt stop giggling.
I am so tired after my busy day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. I spent mine at work earning money so you can afford to consider to pay street bagpipers

3:08 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Well you better work harder then because I actually couldn't afford to pay the street busker

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home