Sunday, September 17, 2006

Silent Hill

This movie, based on a popular video game, is about a ghost town,Silent Hill, that has been abandoned due to toxic fumes from a coal fire. It follows Rose, the mother of adopted Sharon, looking for her daughter who is mysteriously lost in this place. Rose's determination to find Sharon is the only excuse for the continual bad choices this character makes. This does however have the effect of making you want to scream at the screen DONT GO THERE. I found the story line reasonably easy to follow although Andrew and I couldn't agree on what happened in the end. I think its obvious but I guess there is an element of viewer interpretation involved.
I would say that this movie is the most well disgused zombie pretending to be a scary movie that I've seen. Quite different to what I was expecting, and a tad disappointing. See this movie if you like a bit of gore, weird zombies and girl fighting action. Dont see this movie if you want to be scared out your pants. I thought it had great set design, direction and I loved the costumes (altough even the normal looking people's clothes looked a bit costume-y).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home