Friday, September 08, 2006

Tomorrow When The War Began- John Marsden

I was given this book by a friend of mine last week to help me get through my boring lot of night shifts. I wouldn't have picked it myself, but thats the great thing about book clubs- I'm inspired to read book I would never pick up. Anyway, this book is set in small town Australia and written for a young adult audience. Personally I'd classify it as a mix of adventure and sci fi. The story progresses well and never leaves you bored. The ending seemed a bit unfinished, but I'm told that this book is the first of a series so I guess you have to keep reading. A reasonably easy read and I was able to keep going at 4am(usually known as womens weekly hour). If this book doesnt sound like you, I'd recommend you give it a go and predict you will be pleasantly surprised.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is about 5 in the series, hugely popular with the young adults at work.xzjyuuts

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice, i have read all the books. They are the best books i have read man. There are like 7 books altogether. You have to read them all. They are awesome...

7:41 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Thanks guys- I love hearing other's opinions about books! I'm quite a book whimp actually. The next one in the series is next on my list

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice - the librarian of all people isnt quite up to scratch! (hehe ab). There are also 3 more books as part of the 'Ellie Cronicles". Im not sure if they carry on or are from another authors POV but i would read them. Im going to read all the books again. Go to http://www.panmacmillan.com.au/johnmarsdEN/ to find out more about his other books. Some of the diary ones are good too (well maybe when i waws 14!!)

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home