Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Quiet Nights

Last night at work there were only 3 patients in the unit. One was a ward patient and the other two were well enough to be in a day/night routine. There were 10 nurses rostered on and only 2 wanted leave so as you can imagine it was a fun night with more coffee and movies happening actual nursing. My patient was a bit rocky at the start of the shift but by 11 he was settled and slept mostly for the rest. One of the charge nurses was making a poster and wanted to take some action shots of spinal care and I volunteered to be the patient. Its a strange feeling being the one on the bed, being turned by 4 other people, at one stage I felt as though I would topple off the edge and instinctively grabbed hold of the first nurse.
I finished my book and couldnt take any more of staring at my monitor so I went home at 3am. It was a great time to get into bed and I had all of today to do stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home