Monday, December 18, 2006

Tiling

Today I have learnt that its better to follow the instructions on the back of the grouting packet than try to invent your own way of grouting. Its much faster and doesn't make your husband complain that your grouting sucks. Either way I think grouting altogether sucks. I hate the grittiness of it and the fact you have to mix it yourself to exactly the right consistency without having any idea of what that looks like. Laying the tiles is much more fun. The adhesive smells kinda nice and has a nice putty consistency.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never complained that your grouting "sucks" I just commented that it didn't look like any other grouting I'd ever seen before..

7:17 PM  
Blogger Squirk said...

The Shu-Ha-Ri training concept (as used in martial arts and some software development) encourages students to practise rules "by the book" first. Students are encouraged to experiment and question only once he or she is comfortable with their results.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Martial arts and software development. Never knew these things had so much in common!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home