Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Working Nights

Today was my weekly 24 hour day, that is 24 hours of awakeness. I had a busy and I must say fufilling day at home painting, grouting, washing, gardening and doing the dishes. I saw my friend Sarah and her two precious boys. Ollie is very shy but seems to be warming to me, he nearly dribbled all over me which seems like a good sign. I started my week of nights with a really nice long term patient. Its great being able to communicate with patients sometimes. I read a whole book on shift tonight. Was the first time I've ever done that. Once I read Angels and Demons in two nights. I had a sleep for an hour which helped me feel a million times better. Its amazing how comfortable an old chair in a store room can be at 4am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Squirk said...

You stay awake for 24 hours in a row every week? Wow.

I can understand taking a power nap at lunchtime! I'm a big fan of the "siesta" idea. I've never heard of taking one at 4am, though...

10:35 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hey Rob, gosh you're on the ball! Yep a 4am nap is awesome!! The sacrifice of staying up is so worth the feeling of getting into bed afterwards.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home